Product Summary: Open removal of stones where endoscopic procedures have failed.
Item Number: 36543, 105
Why is it done?
Open surgery for large or complicated renal and ureteric calculi where all other techniques have failed. Seldomly done today.
- As a last resort to remove a large stone.
- Where equipment is not available.
- As said: very rarely still used, more a historical procedure.
- Same entry as for open nephrectomy.
- Sandwich therapy: Combination of PCNL and ESWL.
- URSE with laser.
- (See these options).
Download Information Sheet