Product Summary: AMA rates
Intra cavernous injections for erectile dysfunction, demonstrating and teaching self administration.
Item Number: 37415, 105
Why is it done?
- A treatment option for erectile dysfunction.
- Usually when oral techniques have failed ie Viagra, Levitra and Cialis.
- Or where the patient wishes to skip the oral phase for some more effective.
- ED can occur from the age of 40.
- More common in guys with risk factors:
- Over weight.
- Diabetic, Hypertensive, Cardiac issues.
- An alternative is a Vacuum Device.
- Worse cases may require a penile prosthesis.
How is it done?
- This procedure is done at home.
- You will be give hands-on instruction.
- An effective dose will be determined.
- A pre-made-up syringe with a determined dose is made ready prior to setting the stage for the injection.
- The penis is pulled away from your body with the non-dominant hand.
- The injection site is cleaned with an alcohol wipe.
- Caverject is injected at the base of the Corpora Cavernosa at an angle of 45 degrees with the shaft.
- Allow 5 minutes for an erection to be obtained.
- The erection lasts approximately 20 minutes.
- Once the correct the dose has been established.
- You feel comfortable using the injections.
- A repeat script will be issued.
- Your GP will continue with the medication.
- Dr Michael Gillman, Mens Health Physician is a fantastic alternative.
- Dose too high for the individual.
- Prolonged painfull erection.
- If erection lasts longer than 4-6 hours, it becomes an emergency and you are required to visit your local Emergency Department.
- This will be drained with a syringe.
- A surgical bypass my be done with possible erectile dysfunction as complication.
Download Information Sheet